Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Chocolate. Is there anyone who doesn’t like even just a small amount? Dark and bitter if sweet isn’t your thing, who can resist? These chocolate fudge brownies are chocolatey, dense, a bit chewy, and a bit gooey. Take them out around the thirty-five minute mark for gooier and give them five minutes longer in the oven for a bit firmer. Don’t forget they will finish cooking out of the oven so don’t give them any more than forty minutes.

This recipe was adapted from one I found on Pinterest quite a while ago. I have tried to track down the original recipe and source as I like to properly credit any recipe that isn’t my own, but I’ve had no luck. If you know where it came from or if it looks familiar please let me know so I can attribute it to the correct source.

P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to my new newsletter, coming very soon and full of goodies. Click HERE!

Ingredients:

• 300 g chocolate {I use half milk and half dark}, broken into pieces
  • 300 g unsalted butter, cubed
  • 5 eggs
  • 400 g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 150 g plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 150 g cocoa
  • 100 g choc chips
  1. Pre heat the oven to 180 C. Grease and line a 20 cm by 30 cm brownie or slice pan, and leave the paper to hang over the edges. Put the chocolate {the 300 g of pieces NOT the choc chips} and the butter into a large microwave safe jug or bowl. Heat at 50% for three minutes. Stir it well, and heat at 50% for two minutes. Stir well to incorporate the chocolate and butter. Set aside.
  2. Put the eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat well until pale and thick, this should take a good five minutes or so on high. Gently beat or stir in the melted chocolate mixture. Sift in the flour, baking powder, and cocoa. Fold it in using a large metal spoon. Stir in the choc chips, pour into the pan, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Leave to cool in the pan for five to ten minutes. Cut into squares when cooled.
  1. Brownies are one of the most perfect sweets. They’re crave-able all year, they can work in any holiday(I think! or no?), portable, and so scrumptious and satisfying. The chocolate pieces mixed in in this recipe is that what makes them gooey? I’d love a bar with a piping hot cup of tea with milk.

1. I love adding raspberries. But they are so good any way.

1. Raspberries are perfect. Raspberries or a mint leaf or something.

2. Oh Yum!! I love chocolate anything. The 3 words in the title are all words I love hearing. I must give them a whirl!

1. You definitely should, they are so good.

3. Oh my goodness these look delicious!

1. Thank you. Just made another batch today!

4. I love brownies and these look so good! They have a flaky top, they would pass the husband test for sure!

1. They are pretty good, only problem is not eating them all!

1. I’m glad you liked them. We have the same problem, the never last long!

5. Wow, these look AMAZING!! Thanks for linking up with us 🙂

1. Thanks Lauren, but I keep eating them!

6. […] The name of this recipe really says it all, and sums up why it was my favourite of the week – Chocolate Fudge Brownies, another great recipe from delicious by […]